Infection control is about preventing the spread of infectious diseases within the health care setting.
Participants will learn:
- How their actions could spread or prevent infection
- The routes of infection into the body
- The mode of spread
- Vulnerable groups
- The consequences of cross contamination
- Why and when personal protective equipment should be worn
- Good practice guidelines
- Hand-washing and drying techniques
The course also includes an exploration of the causes and symptoms of some common infectious diseases including scabies, Tuberculosis, MRSA and Clostridium Difficile.