The purpose of this course is to give participants knowledge on Health and Safety procedures, including Fire Safety. They will be able to identify a hazard and understand the difference between a hazard and a risk.
- Legislation relating to Health & Safety
- Safety – Potential risks to self and others
- Equipment in the workplace
- Understanding Risk Assessments
- Ergonomics and how it affects the working environment
- Prevention of fires
- Procedures when fire has broken out
- Procedures for COSHH Risk Assessments
- Hazardous substances and the routes of entry
- Security measures in the workplace
Participants will leave the course with a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and how they affect others within the workplace.