This training course teaches candidates about seizures, in particular epileptic seizures. Candidates will learn how to recognise early warning symptoms and what action should be taken.
Candidates will learn:
- Types of seizures
- What to do if someone has an epileptic seizure
- The beginning, middle and end of a seizure
- What can provoke a seizure
- Moods and behaviour
- Memory Loss
- When to call an ambulance
- Living with epilepsy
- The connection between Epilepsy and Learning Disability
- SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy)
There is also the option of further training in epilepsy covering areas such as administering buccal midazolam.